International Students

Immigration Services

It is required by law that any foreign national seeking to enter Kenya for purposes of working, learning, touring or any other activity that is accepted in the land, should apply and attain a permit that will recognise and facilitate them. Some of the permits required are Entry visas, Student pass, Work permits and the exit visas.

Entry Visa

This is an official permission granted to foreign nationals to enter and remain in Kenya temporarily for a specific period of time. An entry visa is granted at the embassy representing Kenya in the country of origin or at the point of entry into Kenya e.g. Airports or the boarders.

Student pass/internship passes

This is a document issued to applicants (foreign nationals) (section 30(1) of the Kenya Citizenship and Immigration Regulations 2012, who wish to purse their education in Kenya’s Education or Training Institutions where they have been accepted or admitted. The applicant must have been accepted as a student by an approved Educational or Training Establishment. (Picture)

Requirements for a student pass application to be submitted by or on behalf of applicants are:

  • 2 passport size photos
  • Copy of passport both bio data and visa page
  • Copy of academic transcripts/ certificates presented while joining Strathmore.
  • Commitment letter from parent/guardian addressed to:
    • The Director of Immigrations, P.O. Box 30191-00100
  • Copy of parents/guardians ID or passport.
  • For self-sponsored students a certified copy of your Bank Statements is required.
  • Form 30
  • Cover letter from Strathmore. For internship passes, a cover letter from the company offering the training is required.
  • Police clearance certificate/certificate of good conduct from country of origin.

Alien Cards/ID

Registration of foreign nationals is governed by the Kenya Citizenship and Immigration Act of 2011 part VII (56) 2 laws of Kenya. The law requires that all foreigners resident within Kenya for a period exceeding 90 days be registered as aliens. On a student perspective, it is required that a student registers as an alien immediately after they have been granted a student/internship passes.

Seek assistance from the office of international student’s affairs for assistance on alien card application.

  • Requirements for an alien card application to be submitted by applicants are:
  • A duly filled, signed online application Form 50. You will print out the form at the end of the application for a foreign certificate (Alien card).
  • A copy of a valid passport to establish identity and nationality
  • Two recent colored passport size photographs(White background) taken not more than twelve months before date of application
  • A resident person will be required to produce the above in addition to a valid permit or pass
  • If the application is for a renewal the applicant will required to produce a previous foreign certificate (Alien card)
  • For lost alien card, the applicant will be required to produce a valid police abstract as proof of loss

PLEASE NOTE: All Documents To Be Submitted To The Office Of The Dean Of Students Within The First Two Weeks Of The First Semester.

Rental Rights and Obligations- SU International Students 2019

For queries and assistance kindly send an email to or visit the office of the Dean of students located at the student centre 3rd floor.

Freshman Admissions

Kindly fill and submit the form below we will have someone from admissions get back to you.

    First Name *
    Last Name *
    Course Interested *
    Email *
    Phone *

    Sign up with your email to get our newsletter